Mobile: (206) 261-5927
Kurt Boehl is an experienced and respected criminal defense attorney. Kurt formed the KB Law Group in 2005, after working as a prosecutor with the Seattle City Attorney's Office. Kurt quickly established a strong reputation for successfully defending individuals accused of drug possession, manufacturing and trafficking.
In 2008 – 2009, Kurt was one of the pioneers in advancing Washington’s medical marijuana laws. With a focus on patient access and community safety, Kurt worked successfully with several cities and counties to develop a sustainable, regulated medical marijuana market. In 2010, Kurt was fortunate to work with Alison Holcomb to draft legislation for what became I-502 (Washington’s Marijuana legalization initiative). Since then, he has worked closely with recreational marijuana business applicants, the Washington State Liquor Control Board, and select city and county officials, with the goal of wisely implementing regulations for Washington’s adult-use marijuana market
Kurt has been recognized as one of the top lawyers in Washington State. Washington Law and Politics Magazine has named Kurt a Rising Star for the past 6 years, and Seattle Met Magazine named Kurt as one of Washington State's top criminal defense attorneys. In addition, Kurt has received the preeminent AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and is ranked Superb by the AVVO attorney rating service.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Organization for Reforming Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- King County Bar Association Drug Policy Project
- Metropolitan State University in Colorado, B.A.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D.
Whatcom County Bar Association CLE, "What's New After I-502?," December 4, 2013
- Snohomish County Bar Association CLE, "Medical Marijuana and I-502: Weeding Out the Differences," November 1, 2013
- National Cannabis Industry Association, "I-502 State and Federal Implications," October 1, 2013
- The Cannabis Cup, I-502 Legalization Panel, September 8, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest, "Know Your Rights, Legal Advice," August 17, 2013
- Seattle Hempfest, Featured Speaker, Share Parker Main Stage, August 16, 2013
- WSBA-CLE, "Other Views of Municipal Approaches to Medical Marijuana," August 29, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest, "The Business of Cannabis, Expert Advice Before You Take the Plunge," August 19, 2012
- Seattle Hempfest, "Successful Models of Medical Cooperatives," August 19, 2011